As sad as this makes me, I have to say; the title of this blog should be changed to “How I Helped Your Kid Get Into College”! Taty has just never started to listen, yeah she says that she has dreams and wants to go to a specific college but with the path she is on; it’s not leading where she claims to want to go!!!
So from now on, I’m going to help your kid! If Taty wants to actually start acting like the young adult I have distressed myself to raise, she can use the information posted online here on wordpress.com from now on.
When I got home from work tonight, I started more research; as always I started with www.google.com. In which, lead me to several different websites that I have previously named in this very blog. Although, it doesn’t seem like this month is a scholarship rich month but these are the nine, I found that are after today’s date. Good luck.
- 2017 smpl. Scholarship https://www.scfederal.org/scholarship Contact: Rebekah Pieper firstname.lastname@example.org Feb. 28th $4,000 The scholarship will award $7,500 to 3 deserving students to use for college education. Submit an essay detailing how they are planning for their financial futures. Complete an online application, submit a transcript and letter of recommendation. Scholarship entries as early as Jan. 2nd. Winners announced in April 2017
- $2,000 “No Essay” Sweepstakes Scholarship http://www.niche.com Feb. 28th http://www.fastweb.com
- $5,000 Welcome to 2017 Scholarship Feb. 28th http://www.coursehero.com Complete in just 3 steps! Winners will be chosen based on a 150 word short answer response…”Do you prefer to collaborate with your peers or work independently?…Next step consists of a AP class or pre-college course information.
- Regions Riding Forward Scholarship Essay Contest $3,500-$5,000 Feb. 28th Celebrate Black History Month and the contributions of African-Americans. “Tell us about an African-American who has inspired and motivated you, and have the chance to secure a low or high amount scholarship.
- $1,000 February Scholarship https://colleges.niche.com/scholarships Nationwide high school freshman or above Feb. 20th Log in & apply
- TeenDrive365 Video Challenge Discovery Education Feb. 23rd Create a 30-60 second video for your fellow teen driver that highlights the importance of safe teen driving, and you could win $15,000 or one of 14 other prizes. Grab your camera, recruit your friends, and submit a video
- $3,000 Easy Scholarship: Make a Historical Bookmark for Black History Month http://www.dosomething.org Feb. 28th Make a bookmark telling the story of an often-forgotten figure or event. Place the bookmark in your textbook and upload a pic of it. You’ll automatically enter to win.
- $1,000 Easy College Money Scholarship http://www.cappex.com Awarded Monthly No Essay required. Log in & apply
- Optimist International Essay Contest $2,500 Feb. 28th Applicants must contact their local Optimist Club and submit an essay on the given topic: “Chasing Optimism in the Face of Challenges.” Applicants must be under the age of 18 as of Oct. 1st. http://www.cappex.com
I do have to say, even though Taty is seventeen, she is still a junior and I think that keeps her mind young. Does that make sense? She wants to grow up but doesn’t. I figured she’d be tired of this little town and the mundane people and actually want to experience life. Maybe I’ll have a better chance with Chy, LOL.
Why is it that parents fight so hard to give their children an actual future and it’s so hard to get them to run with the opportunity? Teenagers are NO fun.